My Divine Devotions: I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord

December 15, 2010

Psalm 84:1-2 1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Heaven’s Armies. 2 I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God.

God takes you to levels of knowledge so that when you are prepared, you may experience his presence and power in ways that are not understood by those who have not experienced God. His presence is majestic, it’s powerful and it’s available to all who thirst for him.

Preachers may preach and teachers may teach about the power of God, but when you enter the earthly courts of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies you are keenly aware of a magnificent, ethereal power. That power is love. That power is what sets Christianity apart from other religions or spiritual doctrines. The everlasting light and presence of a very real God is the gift our Heavenly Father bestows to us while we live. But wait, there’s more!

What about the courts of heaven? How utterly incomprehensible this is to the human mind! Humans will get to experience God in his holy dwelling place. Our good earthly existence will suddenly get better in the splendor of His heavenly courts!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13