My Divine Devotions: Your heart will find God

Deuteronomy 4:29 If you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.

I believe that we are born with the desire to know the God who created us. I searched for God throughout my life, but I didn't connect to him until later. Some people are born with a connection to the Lord that is life-long. I firmly believe that being in a church-going, religious family doesn't ensure that you will find God.

Some search for God and find him, but others have fruitless searches that can turn them toward misguided spirituality. But God promises that if we search for him with all our heart, we will find him. Whatever experience you have had, you can be certain that the God of the universe has a good plan for your life and that he doesn't want you to give up or be discouraged.

What does it take to search for God and find him? It took a serious medical diagnosis and the fear in my child's eyes for me to see the hand of God. I finally gave up the need to control my life, and I asked the Lord for help when I realized that I didn't have strength on my own. I was exhausted trying to do life on my own. I fell into the hands of God and my search ended.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I write this blog

Getting the things done you’d rather not do

The top 10 things I know about God - Psalm 118:14