My Divine Devotions: My heart ached for God’s goodness and unfailing love


Psalm 23:6 Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life.

After celebrating Christmas, I am feeling overwhelmed by the power of God, the life of Jesus and the limitless, boundless and timeless power of the Holy Spirit. That God would become a vulnerable human baby and live among us to make my life right and change the world – it’s incredible.

My brain was unable to understand the extent of God’s goodness during the years I pursued my own selfish plans. Over the years, I felt God tug at my heart strings, but I shut out the connection. Yet God pursued and comforted me as I tripped, fell and got back on my feet over and over again. I led an exceedingly miserable life as I shut God out. People who know me are surprised to hear this because outwardly I have always had everything: family, friends, material possessions, career and a heart that cares about others.

Yet my heart ached for unfailing love. On May 2, 2006, God reached out and grabbed my hand to stop me from running. It was then that I realized that only my Heavenly Father’s unfailing love could make my life complete and so sweet.

Thank you Jesus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I write this blog

The 3 best days of my life - so far. Based on Acts 17:27

The top 10 things I know about God - Psalm 118:14