My Divine Devotions: God is our only place of safety

December 23, 2010
Psalm 91:2 This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.

There is power in speaking God’s word to God and to those around us. The Bible contains many Scriptures that say we should ask with faith and we will receive. Our faith enables us to boldly make declarations that are in God’s plans for us. In reading stories of the amazing things that God does for his children, and in just looking over my own life, I know that we can count on God as our refuge in times of great uncertainty and in time of joy.

God is our only place of safety. There is absolutely nothing that we could say to God that would surprise him. Unload your burdens and allow the Lord to help you deal with life. Your soul will be lifted and the bond of trust will begin to develop. The Lord yearns for his children to desire an authentic relationship with him that’s centered on trust.  He is your God, turn to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog