Stay significant by doing the important things


1 Samuel 24:14 Whom did the king of Israel come out in pursuit of, anyway? A dead dog? A lone flea? Someone as insignificant as I am?

In this exchange David shames Saul for using an army of thousands to conquer one peasant boy. It made me think of how we spend so much time agonizing over things or trying to conquer people who really don’t add value or make a difference.

How much time do we spend majoring in the minors?  

Years ago my brilliant supervisor told me to pick my battles wisely – it has proven wonderful advice in my professional as well as in my personal life.

High blood pressure, strained relationships and countless psychological and physical maladies happen when we go after insignificant things. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I write this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

The 3 best days of my life - so far. Based on Acts 17:27