My Divine Devotions: Have the Attitude of Christ

Philippians 2:1-5 NLT 1 Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? 2 Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. 3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. 5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

Oh, how I want to know the heart of God and to do his will in every way. Is it possible to have a truly tender and compassionate heart toward those I consider unlovable? One mind and purpose sounds like a good strategy, but it depends on who it is… 

 
I want to put myself last and not worry about impressing others, but instead I announce my name to the world when I walk into a room. I understand that one can learn much by listening, but how can I not contribute to conversations? Our culture shouts that we are better than others and that we must look out for our own interests. How can I balance my interests with your interests?

Oh, Lord help me to think less of myself and more of those you so lovingly created. Show me how to give my heart to others without thinking about myself. Show me how to abandon myself to your will and ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog