My Divine Devotions: My soul thirsts for God

Psalm 63:1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you...

New friendships allow us to go through the process of discovering how the other person fits in our lives. The people in my “angel circle” are important in my life because they are the people  I can trust and who know the real me - and vice versa. Getting to know and love the people in our lives is a delicate balancing art. The process of getting to know God is the same.

We can know God intimately and have an awareness of his presence by opening all parts of our heart to him. Christians begin a life-long adventure of knowing God once we accept the forgiveness of sins and acknowledge that Jesus Christ came to earth to die for our sins. Our desire to ask the Lord to live in our heart must be sincere because getting to know and love God is a life-changing process.

As it is in getting to know and love our friends, we also decide what level of intimacy we want with God. We can relate to him only on Sundays in a formal church setting. We can call on God once in a while when we need something. We can get really close to him when we are in serious trouble. Or we can develop a genuine relationship with the Holy One, which means that we are always in constant communication so that when we call, He will know our voice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13