My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

December 20, 2010
Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts.

What would it look like if we humbled ourselves before God and asked him to look deep into our heart? What does your family heart look like? How does the heart you show to your spouse, kids and family look? How’s your heart when it comes to your coworkers, neighbors and the maid who sweeps the floors where you work or study?

The only test that counts is the one conducted by God. On a scale of one to 10, where do your thoughts rank? And, are you using God’s criteria or your own? The test really is simple: Love God with all your heart and love others as yourself. God’s grading system is simple: Either we pass or fail.

Look deep into my heart, God, and find out everything I am thinking.

Comments

  1. Lovely thought - of course we don't have to give God permission to 'test' us. The Bible tells us that God looks at our hearts - no invitation required http://j.mp/kvy2yJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog