My Divine Devotions: You can be joyful in troubled times

Romans 12:12 (NCV) Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times.

God changed the way I viewed life. For many years I wore a mask of perfection. I acted as if everything was just fine. But my soul was troubled. I found myself trying to escape the reality of my life. Perhaps my greatest challenge was dealing with the aloneness I felt most of my life even as I was surrounded by a very loving extended family. I saw the right doctors (counselors, etc.) and I even took the right medications and I always made myself think the right thoughts. :)

But it wasn’t until I fell into the arms of God completely that I found out the definition of true joy. Now I am able to feel a great sense of calmness and a steady dose of pure joy each day. I probably feel the same way in dreams because I no longer have nightmares. Instead, I live with a great sense of eternity which translates into joy for me. I value my human life as I never did before.

I'm not immune from trials (no one is), but the great joy that the Lord has placed in my heart is unshakeable. I find myself more patient as I practice being the hands and feet of Jesus. I live in constant awareness of the Holy Spirit. My prayer life flows and my soul is nourished as I thirst to know the God who loves me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

The 3 best days of my life - so far. Based on Acts 17:27