My Divine Devotions: Use your God-given gifts to be the change


Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message) 10-11 This is GOD's Word on the subject: "As soon as Babylon's seventy years are up and not a day before, I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.”


Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV, ©2010) 11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

For days I had this verse in my mind, as I’m finalizing my ministry and life plans for 2011. This morning God put the specific book name and verse number in my mind. When God speaks, I’m learning to listen.

The message is two-fold: 1) God has a plan to give us a hope and a future and 2) By executing God’s plans we will feel empowered, hopeful and loved by our Creator.

Those who trust God have the freedom and sound mind to work out the plans he has for them. Do not sit idly and let time pass without using your God-given gifts to impact your family, church, community and the world. 

God does not intend for us to live an ordinary life! He knows how tough it is to do life on our own and he wants his children back home. Trust God when he says that he will take care of you and he will not leave you. Do your part and work God’s plan for your life.

Be the change.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog