My Divine Devotions: God hears your call

Psalm 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call on Him, yes, to all who call on him sincerely.

On May 2, 2006, I gave up trying to do life my own way and cried out to God while I was standing in front of a mirror. All of a sudden, my eyes came alive; it was as if I was looking through the windows of my soul. I knew something had happened -- that a higher power had heard my cry: “Oh my God, I am so scared, please help me!” God revealed himself to me in a powerful way that sacred day, and my life changed forever.

But I can honestly say that I searched for God for many years, I read the Bible and took classes, but it wasn’t until that day that he became real for me. I had prayed the prayer of salvation so many times but it never “worked.” I come from a family of people who had deep, personal relationships with Jesus Christ, but before that day in 2006, I only knew God by the book. I have no doubt that God has always been on my journey as I look over my amazing life, but I didn’t acknowledge his presence or power in my life.

Perhaps it was that moment when I surrendered control and asked for help in a sincere way? Perhaps it was the faith I always had that compelled me to seek that heart connection to the Lord? I don’t know why it took so long for me to get that divine lifeline. But I do know this, the Lord was waiting with open arms for me and my life has never been the same!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog