My Divine Devotions: Tell your children about God

Psalm 145:4-5,7 Parents will praise your works to their children. They will tell about your mighty acts. 5 They will speak about your glorious majesty. I will spend time thinking about your miracles. 7 They will celebrate your great goodness. They will sing with joy about your holy acts.

My precious grandmother has been on my mind today because my prayer focus today is for my mother. How can I thank the God of the universe enough for the fire he created in my grandmother when she came to know him personally? Most of us know of God, but my grandmother knew Him in such a wonderful way. When the Lord touched her heart, her life was radically changed.

I learned from grandmother many of the spiritual practices that have benefited me greatly. She awakened each day at 5 a.m. to be with the Lord. She praised, gave thanks and then lifted the names of her children and grandchildren to the Lord. She spoke to God about everything and anything -- all day long. She impacted many people with her prayers, presence and spirit.

Through her relationship with God, she passed the gift of salvation on to her generations. My family changed in a marvelous way as a result of my grandmother’s personal relationship with the Lord. She lit the fire of God in our hearts – especially my heart. I didn’t understand how God was using her to touch my life in those years. But I recall thinking: “This God thing must be real!” He was real. He is real. And God will always be real for my generations.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13