After 9/11, don't you feel thankful to be alive and to get to do the things you do? I do. It's such a tough and heart-wrenching remembrance. Yesterday I was finally able to watch what happened. I was never able to for 15 years. I spent the day thinking about those lost and praying for those left behind and those suffering PTSD from the experience. Then I had to honor those who continue to be killed needlessly in our world whether in our own backyards or across the planet. Grateful that the Lord is in control otherwise it doesn't make sense. Days like today make me grateful for everyone and all things in my life. So if I haven't told you lately, I love you - I do. Ecclesiastes 3:9-11 What good comes to anyone who works so hard, all to gain a few possessions? I have seen the kinds of tasks God has given each of us to do to keep one busy, and I know God has made everything beautiful for its time. God has also placed in our minds a sense of eternity; we look back on the ...
My Word for 2014 – DO! One quarter of 2014 is history. Three months arrived, unfolded and ended. Poof. Gone. Time continues. March has been a challenge. It was sad. Death marched in. I said good-bye to two people who touched my life in deep and meaningful ways. Two lives ended in very different ways. One death rocked my world. Death arrived in a shocking way. Death took another life too soon. Heartbreaking. Death is no respecter of time regardless of circumstance. It’s good to love well and be in important moments. I spent the month writing, reading and attending classes to enhance my compassion skills. I attended worship services in order to share Communion in community. I do like it. I spent quality time ministering to the ill. I've learned much about how much I don’t understand when it comes to doing God’s will. I also know that I get to do sacred work for God, and that amazes me. My life changed from one...
Exodus 28:2-3 You shall make holy garments for Aaron your brother, for glory and for beauty. You shall speak to all the skillful persons whom I have endowed with the spirit of wisdom, that they make Aaron’s garments to consecrate him, that he may minister as priest to Me. God thinks of every little detail for His people. He had Aaron's ministry garments specially made and they were beautiful. God cared about the beauty of the clothes! I love these details about our Father in Heaven!
Comments
Post a Comment