January: The month I learned to DO

My one word for 2014: do.

Proverbs 16:3 Whatever you do, do it as service to Him, and He will guarantee your success. 

I decided to challenge myself this year to get things done that matter to me. To achieve the things that are important to me. I needed a word that would motivate me to get life done. 

It didn't take long to find my significant word: DO.

Do has been powerful so far in January.

I've been blogging consistently because - well - I do. If there's something to write. Then I do. And I have!

I'm also on a downsizing kick. Decluttering needs action. Do does the job. 

I joined a group that encourages 52 weeks of consistent but not complicated decluttering. Do has worked wonders! I can do it, if I want.

I also want to do more reading. I joined an online book club to do that. Not only have I read the selection, but I'm enjoying the books already on my Kindle app. 

I've spent time with those I hold dear to my heart this month. I took a short trip with my daughter just to do the things we love.  

One key thing I plan to do this year is to be available frequently for those who are important to me. I need to be a more frequent and committed participant in community. This month I rekindled friendships with coworker/friends from the beginning of my career. 

I also celebrated birthdays and prayed for friends who faced losses. That's what I do well. 

Do is always on my mind.  It also spills over into my job. I have to do to get things done. 

Do doesn't distinguish between insignificant or important. 
If you don't do things they don't get done.

And because Do is my action word, it's not stressful, complicated or overbearing. 

It's my word. I can do my life with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

The 3 best days of my life - so far. Based on Acts 17:27