My notes: Christian, go before the Lord to set your goals


 Proverbs 16:9 The human mind plans the way, but the Lord directs the steps.


Goal setting should be a big part of living on purpose - God's purpose for our lives. But I have not previously looked at goal setting as something to do in front of God. 

Sure. I pray over my goals, but can you imagine if I gave them over to God before I ever committed to them?

Don't let unimportant things take on a life of their own.    
  --  Chip Brogden
I enjoy listening to Chip Brogden's CrossWind podcast. So when I learned that he put together a teaching on living a balanced life, which includes goal setting - well - it wowed me! 

I took these notes from Chip's message on why goals are important. 

- goals bring our purpose to pass.
- goals give us ability to make choices.
- goals help us make best use of our time, energy and money
- goals help us decide what is important each day; don't let unimportant things take on a life of their own.
- goals help you stay focused; you don't want to react. Goals open more options. 
- goals help us avoid outcomes we don't want yet many people live with outcomes they didn't choose! Don't set yourself adrift. 
- goals give us day-to-day motivation and inspiration. 

I'm excited about 2014 - and accomplishing goals set with God’s approval and that honor His purpose for me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13