My notes: Christian, go before the Lord to set your goals


 Proverbs 16:9 The human mind plans the way, but the Lord directs the steps.


Goal setting should be a big part of living on purpose - God's purpose for our lives. But I have not previously looked at goal setting as something to do in front of God. 

Sure. I pray over my goals, but can you imagine if I gave them over to God before I ever committed to them?

Don't let unimportant things take on a life of their own.    
  --  Chip Brogden
I enjoy listening to Chip Brogden's CrossWind podcast. So when I learned that he put together a teaching on living a balanced life, which includes goal setting - well - it wowed me! 

I took these notes from Chip's message on why goals are important. 

- goals bring our purpose to pass.
- goals give us ability to make choices.
- goals help us make best use of our time, energy and money
- goals help us decide what is important each day; don't let unimportant things take on a life of their own.
- goals help you stay focused; you don't want to react. Goals open more options. 
- goals help us avoid outcomes we don't want yet many people live with outcomes they didn't choose! Don't set yourself adrift. 
- goals give us day-to-day motivation and inspiration. 

I'm excited about 2014 - and accomplishing goals set with God’s approval and that honor His purpose for me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day after September 11

March the time away

Oh this is Christmas!