My Divine Journey: Heading into the unknown - Psalm 37:5

June 24, 2011
Psalm 37:5 Depend on the Lord; trust him, and he will take care of you.

I like to drive on moonlit nights. But tonight I drove between Houston and Austin after taking a day trip and it unnerved me just a little bit. The highway was unusually empty, so I didn’t have the comforting taillights of an 18-wheeler or lots of other cars to light my way into the night.

The uneasy drive made for deep thoughts. It dawned on me that I trusted that a road existed in the dark night ahead as I drove 70 mph up and down hills to reach my home. That’s the same way I have to trust God even when I don’t see him ahead on my trail. He is there – and he makes sure that I don’t veer off the road, crash into other cars or run over innocent animals and make a mess of my life or the lives of others.

I am always on the right road when I trust and depend on God.

He will take care of me.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day after September 11

March the time away

The August of worldwide discontent