My Divine Journey: Heading into the unknown - Psalm 37:5

June 24, 2011
Psalm 37:5 Depend on the Lord; trust him, and he will take care of you.

I like to drive on moonlit nights. But tonight I drove between Houston and Austin after taking a day trip and it unnerved me just a little bit. The highway was unusually empty, so I didn’t have the comforting taillights of an 18-wheeler or lots of other cars to light my way into the night.

The uneasy drive made for deep thoughts. It dawned on me that I trusted that a road existed in the dark night ahead as I drove 70 mph up and down hills to reach my home. That’s the same way I have to trust God even when I don’t see him ahead on my trail. He is there – and he makes sure that I don’t veer off the road, crash into other cars or run over innocent animals and make a mess of my life or the lives of others.

I am always on the right road when I trust and depend on God.

He will take care of me.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog