In the hands of God - Psalm 17:8

June 26, 2011 Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.

I don’t like that I put my life in the hands of airline professionals no matter how well qualified they are when I fly. I dread those immortal takeoff and landing feelings. A few weeks ago, I got on a plane and it occurred to me how much easier our lives would be if we put ourselves in the hands of God each morning before we start our day (just like many of us do when we fly). J
  • What if we put our decisions in the hands of God?
  • What if we put our lives in the hands of God when everything seems bleak?
  • What if we put our children in the hands of God instead of worrying about them?
  • What if we put our health in God’s hands regardless of the diagnosis?
  • What if we put our fears in the hands of God?
  • What if we put our desire to control all our circumstances in the hands of God?
I would rather put myself in God’s capable hands – in the shadow of his wings. He specializes in smooth landings.

He’s our expert pilot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

If not you, then who? 2 Corinthians 4:1

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13