When dreary beats out joy



Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad today! 

It's been a season of weather discontent. Too much snow, too much rain, too much gloom and on and on. 

Lamenting the rain that gives life to greenery is now a pastime for many in my area. We forget the drought that killed vegetation and maimed our properties, park and public spaces. Complain, complain, complain. FaceBook, Twitter, in person or phone, we complain that we have no sunshine.

Massive gray skies and clouds frame my daytime views most days, and I also ask for the sunshine. But I and countless others fail to see the beauty of the current moment. Seems like we should stop and thank the Lord that we're alive to see the day with its dreariness and all. 

That's how I've decided to look at my days.

Soon we'll see endless days ushering in soaring temperatures and humidity fit for a sauna spa. 

Instead of lamenting out loud and influencing others and especially our own spirits, I challenge each one of us to embrace the joy of the dreary season! 

Yeah! Love the blah days as much as you love the sunshiny days! Why not take advantage of all of the days of your life? 

Ecclesiastes 7:14 When life is good, enjoy it. But when life is hard, remember: God gives good times and hard times, and no one knows what tomorrow will bring. 

You and I don't know if tomorrow brings true sorrow.

Let the dreary, cold, wet and overcast day be beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting the things done you’d rather not do

Why I write this blog

The top 10 things I know about God - Psalm 118:14