Seeking God in the mundane and before taking action


Proverbs 8:34 The one who listens to me, who carefully seeks me in everyday things  and delays action until my way is apparent, that one will find true happiness.

I've been breezing through Scripture with a great new 10 chapter-a-day Bible reading plan I found on Challies.com that has changed the way I approach daily reading beyond my theological and devotional studies. 
God and His truths simply jump off the pages of my Bible and I smile, laugh and cry. And I take lots of notes so I can blog.
As I was thinking about how I finally got my Bible-reading groove, I thanked the Lord for making this new method easy for my brain to process. Immediately I came upon this Scripture that tells me why things are easier to process:  I actively seek God in everyday things!
Yes – God is in the mundane of my life! He is aware of it all. My good, my bad and my ugly – well, my bad and ugly take processing, but He’s there with me.
I also have an opportunity to learn how to stop and think before acting until I pray and seek His guidance. Check out the second part of verse 34: and delays action until my way is apparent. That’s a lesson I needed to hear loud and clear from God today because a key person recently asked me to do this, again!
I don’t always delay saying or acting on what I feel and this has caused me great unhappiness. You can probably relate.
Next time you push away the Bible until later, stop.
God is talking to you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting the things done you’d rather not do

Why I write this blog

The top 10 things I know about God - Psalm 118:14