What happens when you are scattered? John 16:32



John 16:32a Be aware that a time is coming when you will be scattered like seeds.

In this Scripture, Jesus warns the Disciples that they will be on their own after he finishes his Earthly mission. He chose these men and spent three years sharing his heart. But it wasn’t meant to be forever. They would have to receive the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, the one who would teach them what they needed to know to fulfill God’s plan. This meant that they had to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, to accept His power and the ministries that God planned for each one.

Do you depend on others to increase your faith; to be there to remind you that God exists when your world falls apart; or when things are somber?  There’s a place for community and having people pray, but at the end of the day do you go directly to God? Do you have that relationship with the Lord, so that you know He will hold your hand through the fiery trials of life?

Do you need the comfort of a church building, Bible studies and others in order to maintain your faith? I know I did when I finally heard God’s voice. But soon it became apparent that God wanted my ear, my heart and my mind. He wants me to listen to His heart, to know Him.

There’s nothing like knowing God in all his glory. I relish being taught by the Holy Spirit and having a deep knowledge of God who wants me to know His heart. I can’t imagine going back to my life of worshiping on Sundays in a building expecting God to meet me there! No. Instead He is with me always, the dialogue is constant, His power goes with me in my ministry and He is what matters in my life.  

I depend on the power of the Holy Spirit.

I hope this message jolts you out of your complacency. Make sure that you can function without the trappings of religion, without others who can intercede for you, and during the troubling times ahead.

John 16:33 I have told you these things so that you will be whole and at peace. In this world, you will be plagued with times of trouble, but you need not fear; I have triumphed over this corrupt world order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I write this blog

Getting the things done you’d rather not do

The top 10 things I know about God - Psalm 118:14