Twelve Gifts from God | Understanding



Today marks one year since my mother passed into the eternal hands of the Lord. I miss her presence, but I’ll see her again. I wrote the post below on April 7, 2011. 


John 11:35 Jesus wept.




Those two words – Jesus wept - started my writing ministry several years ago. And, those two words encouraged me today. Just knowing that the Savior of the universe, the Son of God and my precious Jesus wept, comforted my sad heart. 
My heart is heavy for my mother who is critically ill. It’s a helpless feeling to see someone we love suffering. Today I started to plunge into deep sadness, and then I remembered that I am connected to a tender and loving God. I recalled how he worked in my Mother’s life during the past difficult week. 
I immediately reactivated my faith and asked the Lord to clear my heart – to walk with me in my sadness. As I connected to the Lord, he brought that Scripture to my mind. As I read the story of the death of Lazarus, I realized that it’s okay to cry, to feel sad – to be human as Jesus was. I also know that he cares about my journey, and that my Mother is in his hands. 
God cares how I feel. He cares how you feel. He can handle our deepest sorrow, if we only surrender it to him. I did. You should, too. 

Check back to  read The Twelve Gifts of God through Christmas Day. His gifts to us are immeasurable and His love infinite. He is the reason we celebrate Christmas. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

The 3 best days of my life - so far. Based on Acts 17:27