Joy in the face of life – Nehemiah 8:10

Sept. 17, 2011
Nehemiah 8:10 (AMP)
…be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold.


Joy in the pits of life exists even though the intellectual mind and heart say it cannot be. Yes – it is possible for Christians to experience joy in middle of trials. There is something very empowering about exposing our souls before God. Transparency before and dependence on God renews the intimate bonds we already share with Him.
Until I became a child of God, my feelings, emotions and thoughts took over and amplified my circumstances in very unhealthy ways. Now that I know a powerful and compassionate God, I know that I can hang on to His arms when I am facing the battles of my life. Oh, believe me, I face incredible battles – but I will not let go of God’s loving hand!

This is how I keep joy in my heart while I’m in the battlefield:
·        I realize that it’s easy to fall back into my old ways of thinking, so I ask the Lord to stop my wrong thinking.

·        I spend more time listening to God and reading Scripture.

·        I confess any sin that is blocking my relationship with the Lord. This is a critical key because this unlocks issues that God wants me to deal with that I prefer to ignore.

·        I also ask the Lord for protection from any evil that is attempting to stop my testimony – (Matthew 6:13 (AMP) And lead (bring) us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.)

·        I seek help for my battles so I can move on.
It’s said that we come to really know God when we suffer. The truth is that we get specific guidance from God when we suffer. I am amazed at the ways that God meets me on the journey. The joy in my heart helps me deal with life.

It’s nothing short of a miracle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog