It’s all about what God wants – Matthew 6:33

July 23, 2011

Matthew 6:33 (NCV) Seek first God's kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well.


Since I started my intimate journey with God more than five years ago, I’ve learned that he meets my needs over and above anything I can imagine. Those needs include: emotional, relational, financial, professional – all my needs. When I surrendered my heart to Christ, my heart and life changed. My priorities changed. I changed. Something special happened when I clicked with God: I fell in love for the only time in my life.

I believe that my desire to know the heart of God has given me favor with the right people – at the right time – and in His divine timing. I also choose to give God the glory in all my circumstances – both good and not so good. It’s hard being real about my personal mess. But sharing what God has done for me helps others know that he is powerful. God is there when you are ready to know him.

I publicly acknowledge that I cannot thrive without the Lord. Oh, I tried for many years to live without a true divine connection to the Lord, which resulted in frustration and a lack of vision even though I had all the qualifications to make my life powerful.

The worst part of not being connected to God was that feeling of silent desperation. That silent desperation resulted in my making the wrong choices in friends, careers, activities (and you can name it). A part of me knew that I was created to connect to and to fulfill the purpose of the Creator of heaven and earth.

The Lover of my soul, the One who made me and loves me unconditionally, always meets all my needs. He will do the same for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog