The top 10 things I love about my Mother

My mom's health has been declining lately, so I think it's important that she reads how I feel about her now. Over the years, our family has struggled in many ways, as all of us do. But God has a way of bringing all of us back together. I am so glad that He gave me the ability to appreciate the great things about my mother and not dwell on the past. If you are struggling with your family, give it to God and remember that your family didn't get to choose you either.

Exodus 20:12 (Contemporary English Version) Respect your father and your mother, and you will live a long time in the land I am giving you.

Leviticus 19:3
(New Century Version) “You must respect your mother and father, and you must keep my Sabbaths. I am the LORD your God.”


Proverbs 1:8
(Amplified Bible) My son, hear the instruction of your father; reject not nor forsake the teaching of your mother.


Proverbs 6:20
(New International Version, ©2011) My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.


Matthew 19:19
(New King James Version) ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’


The top 10 things I love about my Mother
Mother’s Day is the perfect day to tell our mothers how much they mean to us especially if they are still living. There’s nothing like living a few decades and having our own children to help us realize that mothers are a gift from God. I am so glad that God knit me her womb and that I have a chance to tell her that I am blessed to call her Mother.

These are the special things I love about my mother, Maria.

1. She’s gorgeous; I loved it when she visited my school

2. She’s highly intelligent

3. She has the heart of a caregiver, which she passed on to me; my first volunteer experience was at the hospital with her

4. She worked and went to school while raising five children

5. She had an amazing, prominent career as a nurse

6. She was nurse to her children, family and friends

7. She was a built in nurse and invaluable resource when I had my child

8. She taught me the importance of looking good and taking care of myself

9. She gave the tribute at my best friend’s funeral when I couldn’t speak

10. She has always believed in me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog