How will your life look before God? James 2:12

James 2:12 So live your life in such a way that acknowledges that one day you will be judged. But the law that judges also gives freedom, 

Lately, I've been thinking about the day that I stand before a Holy God. It's a sobering thought. The Lord knows me, every single thing I've said, done or thought. 

Yes. I will be judged and it's a scary, but exciting thing to imagine. On one hand, God will know of my deep devotion and crazy love...But...

But what about the other side of me? 

My sins, my struggles...the real me that's hidden from sight and sometimes from my own sight? 

It's enough to paralyze me with fear. 

But then I remember.

 I'm free. 

Knowing God made me free.

I can change my actions.  

I can make better decisions because it's His laws that protect me from myself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I write this blog

The 3 best days of my life - so far. Based on Acts 17:27

The top 10 things I know about God - Psalm 118:14