Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Matthew 9:13 Go and learn what this means, ‘I want mercy and not sacrifice.’ (Hosea 6:6) I have not come to get those who think they are right with God to follow me. I have come to get sinners to follow me.”

Good sermons have a way of piercing hearts. 

Andy Stanley’s Follow, Pt.1 Jesus Says sermon made me examine my heart in a big way. I suggest that you listen to the podcast because the message is good for nonbelievers, but especially amazing for those of us who love the Lord.

Andy’s key points:
ü Being a sinner is a prerequisite. The only people who resist Jesus are those who "think" they are fine. Be careful! There’s no sin, addiction, illness or sin situation that puts you outside the Lord’s circle.
ü Being an unbeliever doesn't disqualify you. None of the Lord’s followers believed for several years. He chastised them several times.
ü Following Jesus is purely an invitation to relationship. Rules don’t make a relationship. God’s kindness leads us to repentance.
ü Following Jesus forces me to think of where I am on the journey rather than to judge where you are.

You are invited to be a follower. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog