February: The month I learned to do

My Word for 2014 – do

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord everything you do. Then your plans will succeed.

Two months – poof – gone. I’m pleased to report that my word do keeps me doing. I've done. 

I did February rather well.

My relationship with the Lord is at a new level since I committed to spending quality time in silence, listening and practicing contemplative player.  I’ll write more when I process it.

My writing is doing well. But I’m in a season of reading, studying and allowing the word of God to soak into my soul, thus I've only taken notes that are not yet blog posts.

They are churning in my soul. I do want to intentionally keep God at the center of my life.

I added several books to my Kindle this month. I recently discovered Henri Nouwen and I can’t get enough of his writing and sermons. 

I do love reading.

This month I returned to my ministry with the ill. Can’t even begin to describe what a privilege it is to do what I get to do to let others know there’s a God who cares. I've had several confirmations that I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing.

The decluttering project continues. Each week I commit to doing a small declutter job. I can see the difference in the kitchen and utility room. Do is good.

I attended the funeral of a beloved family friend who died unexpectedly this month. He was young and a beloved friend to many of us. I saw many people I hadn't seen in years.

Death is no respecter. Do the things you have to do.

Say the things you have to say. Love like there’s no tomorrow as my friend Karen told me before she passed away last year.

It’s been a strong February.


Do is good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog