What is holding you in captivity? Take off the chains and go Read John 8:32


John 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

These are my notes based on a sermon by Dr. Charles Stanley. You can find it here: Real Freedom, Oct. 13, 2013. 

Causes of captivity: 

EVIL HABITS
False beliefs,
lying, deception, sexual immorality, Drunkenness, drugs, smoking, laziness, profanity

EMOTIONS
Fear, false guilt, jealousy, worry and anxiety, prejudice, feeling you can never please God, bitterness, unforgiveness, insecurity.

BONDAGE affects our personal testimony and hinders spiritual growth.

TRUTH that sets us free:  Freedom comes when we know the heart of God through a relationship.

And, when we allow The Lord to reveal junk and hidden sin 

and then allow Him to remove it.

What pride is holding you back?

You can choose to have the freedom God wants for you. 

If you don't know there's stuff/sin keeping you down or if you continue to not deal with it,  you will always live at a lower level. 

Get rid of the burdens and the guilt!

Freedom comes when you allow Jesus Christ to work out the sins of your life. 

My comments:   
After that day in May 2006, I allowed God to help me deal with the bad habits I had developed to cope with life. It was hard to let go of my pride and perfection. The transparent Christian life was hard to deal with at first until I discovered the freedom and the heart of Jesus Christ.

If the Lord sets you free, take the chains off and go! You are  not supposed to stay stuck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I write this blog

Getting the things done you’d rather not do

The top 10 things I know about God - Psalm 118:14