When it hurts to care - Psalm 23:4


Psalm 23:4 Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way.

“The power of the saint lies in the coming down and in the living that is done in the valley." - Oswald Chambers 

Life lived on the mountaintop is the most beautiful experience especially when you have a relationship with God. But leaving that mountaintop to live the everydayness of life and especially in the everydayness of the ministry that God has planned for us isn’t glamorous.

I spent years running from God because it hurt to care. I still want to do that even when I know that I am called to care for others through their valley experiences.

Today, for the first time ever, I cried after I left a hospital room. My heart was broken for a patient and the family. Thankfully, I had a chance to share my tears and benefit from the wise counsel of one of our priests. His advice: Cry. You talk to God and cry.

I shudder to imagine: What if I had not stepped into that room to care?  


To remind those who suffer that the Lord is on their journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

The 3 best days of my life - so far. Based on Acts 17:27