The end of the road: Everything can change in a split second

April 15, 2012

Psalm 121:8 The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.
Cars and pedestrians sometimes just don’t mix. I live and work in a large city, so I share my life with cars, trucks, buses and an assortment of other vehicles. I cross very busy streets on foot each day without giving it a thought. Most of us who live in large, heavily congested cities never think about all that traffic, it goes with big city life which I enjoy and would never trade. J
The sound of screeching tires about two feet from me recently got me to thinking: I could have been hit by a car…my life could have been over! I had just stepped onto the pavement after crossing a major street when a car came barreling out of nowhere, and made a screeching halt just under the red light signal. This startled me – what if I had slowed my pace while crossing? I would more than likely be dead.
I share this story because none of us are guaranteed a specific number of days on earth.

· Are you making wise use of your time?

· If your life was to end, would those who love you say that you accomplished your goals and God-given purpose?

· Have you taken time to love people, to make your life count and to use your abilities and gifts in service to those who need you the most?

· Have you made a difference as a disciple of Jesus Christ?

God help me live a full life that will make you proud of me. And, keep all of us safe from harm. In the powerful name of Jesus Christ - Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog