Then you will know I am God. Psalm 46:10

August 6, 2011
Psalm 46:10 (GW)
Let go {of your concerns}! Then you will know that I am God. I rule the nations. I rule the earth.


God has a way of getting us to take a break when we are in middle of a crisis or busy time in our lives. I recently realized that I wasn’t focusing on God because I was racing ahead to what I was planning to do with my day.  

I must make time for God. It really is that simple. My relationship with him is the most important thing in my life, but I tend to forget it as I go about doing things for him.

The Lord appreciates all the things I do as I fulfill his purpose for me, but …

God wants my heart. He’s interested in having my undivided devotion – he wants a full, unconditional surrender and worship. 

Surrender is difficult anyway.

But surrender while I am in a storm – well – that seems impossible. It’s not.

Surrender is a beautiful thing. That’s when our heart is open and receptive to changes in thinking, being and doing.

Let go of your concerns. Surrender your heart, soul and mind to God.

Then you will know God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog