A compassionate God - 1 Kings 11:10-13

August 11, 2011
1 Kings 11:10-13  (New International Version, ©2010)
10 Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the LORD’s command. 11 So the LORD said to Solomon, “Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates. 12 Nevertheless, for the sake of David your father, I will not do it during your lifetime. I will tear it out of the hand of your son. 13 Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom from him, but will give him one tribe for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem, which I have chosen.”

I love it when the tenderness of God touches my heart while I’m reading the Bible. God’s faithfulness to David extended to the undeserving Solomon. While Solomon was spared, the consequences were severe. But as much as we disobey and disappoint God, he still loves us enough to keep his promises.
Wherever you are today, know that the Lord is waiting with open arms for you to return to him.
He is compassionate and tender. You will have to face consequences (we all do), but the end result is a richly restored relationship with God.  
God deserves an honored place in your life. You need compassion.

You need God. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog