A November to never forget


My word for 2014: Do



I write this post while visiting my child for the Thanksgiving holiday. Last year we spent the holiday apart and decided not to do that again. As with all important relationships, ours evolves over time. It's exciting to see her craft a journey that's uniquely hers.

What matters 
This I know: what she thinks matters to me! I want her to lead strong life that makes a difference for Christ.

Current events
The Ferguson verdict cast a pall over
November for many.  I found myself among protestors. They also protested right out side our door, which concerned me. It's my hope that the institutionalized racism that exists in our country can be reconciled without further loss of lives.

Decluttering
My month was full of doing - my 2014 action word! I like the decluttering work I've done so far. It will carryover to 2015 as I seek peace in all areas of my life.

Personal projects 
I'm working on a photo project to get rid of the hundreds of pictures leftover from the days an entire roll of film had to be processed!

Early in the month, I made Christmas gifts for family and closest friends. It was fun! I'd like to do some more creative work next year, but it can't clutter my home.

Loving God better
A personal goal for me is to love God better. I fall short. I trip. My tongue and temper fly. But I dust myself off and try again.

Bible study & blogging
This month I continued study in the Book of Revelation. Heavy stuff. I also wrote a Divine Note on pride. It's said that our sermons are lessons we are learning. Wow.

Books
I've continued doing what I love most: reading. I'm trying to make room for it as often as possible. I don't always have to be busy. In fact, I'm thankful I don't live in the busy cycle anymore. I want to fill my life with Christ so I don't need activities to occupy my time.

Reflecting 
I've enjoyed posting a monthly update, I may continue this public diary of accountability so I do what matters for my life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13