October moved on

My Word for 2014 – DO!

I’m happy that I've kept up with the commitment I made to myself to post these monthly blog updates related to my “do” goals.

What a month of much "doing" for me! 
It was a strong month both in my personal and in my professional life. To be sure, I had unexpected sorrow, but life goes on.

Decluttering
The decluttering project started with baby steps: each week I tackled a closet, a drawer or an area of my home. The results have been amazing and I stepped up to the next level. I had the kitchen cabinets painted, but I handled the trim details that made my kitchen a lovely place to be and possibly even cook. J

Books that I love
Reading brings me joy. I switched back to paper books to stop being distracted by the internet and social media. I want to be mindful in moments that matter. This month I've read most of the book my book club is reading - Barbara Brown Taylor’s Altar to the World. I’m also deeply immersed in R. C. Sproul’s Everyone’s a Theologian.  I’m also reading Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird. These are just a few books, there are too many to name, but I’m on Goodreads if you’re interested in my book lists.

My life with God
This month the Book of Revelation took me new places. The Holy Spirit has opened my eyes like never before to this intriguing book.  I’m using Dr. David Jeremiah’s book, Agents of the Apocalypse and it has given me new insights on key players in the end time.

The books I'm writing
One goal I've fallen behind on is my efforts to pull together materials for my first book. I have two months to move on this…More later. I also need to decide on my word for 2015...I have an idea.

Because moments matter
I'm reviewing my social space activities as noted above. Even though I spent time with key friends, my cats and family, I spend too much time on virtual activities on my smartphone and tablet. The social space comes natural to me since I’m a communicator, but I want to be sure my evangelistic efforts are pleasing to God. I also want to be in the moment with those who matter. I can also be more intentional with those around me.

How God changes me
And, I can be kinder. God has shown me many opportunities for improvement...I've also been surprised by changes God has worked in the way I react to things I'm passionate about. I spent time crusading against my city's Mayor who asked local pastors to submit their sermons for review. The subpoena was dropped, but it was an eye-opener for me. Freedom is fragile when you're a Christian. The activist in me is alive and well. 

October I'm just a little sad that you are almost over. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13