Trusting God through a health crisis


It's been a year since I broke my ankle.   

I've been thinking about how God saw me through. I gained spiritual maturity and closeness to God. 

If you fear for your health, trust God. 

The Bible gives examples of God giving "prescription" for healing.

 He uses doctors and others in miraculous ways. 

Be encouraged.

I share my notes based on Dr. David Jeremiah's sermon, “Fearing for your health.”

Isaiah 38:21 For Isaiah had told Hezekiah’s servants, “Make an ointment of figs and spread it over the boil, and he will get well again.”

God gave a prescription for Hezekiah's illness. God uses medications / people to help us.

1.   Control  your mind –

2 Timothy 1:7 The Voice
You see,
God
did not give us
a cowardly spirit
but a
powerful,
loving, and
disciplined spirit.

Proverbs 18:14 
The human spirit 
can endure a long illness,
but who can survive a crushed spirit?

2.   Count your blessings. In everything give thanks. Spot your blessings like wild flowers.

3.   Continue your work. Work is a therapy

4.   Claim your promises.

John 11:4 But when Jesus heard about it he said, “The purpose of his illness is not death, but for the glory of God. I, the Son of God, will receive glory from this situation.”

For the Christian, it never ends in death. It's never permanent. God may heal us here or in heaven.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

If not you, then who? 2 Corinthians 4:1

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13