Confidence through the tough times – Psalm 9:10


Written April-June 2011
Psalm 9:10 (GW) Those who know your name trust you, O LORD, because you have never deserted those who seek your help.
I know one thing for certain: God will hold my hand. Today I saw how frail human life is. My Mom is ill and if I start to let go of the peace that God gives me, I feel intense turmoil in my heart. Just as I start to fall, God steadies my heart. He steadies my heart by giving me the Scripture that I need to hang on.

Those deep times of communion with the Lord have given me the confidence to know that he is there even when times are hard for me. Certainly, I cannot live only for those deep moments with God. But those times when I clearly discern his hand in the everyday-ness of my life are the result of that bond.

If I didn't know God, I would not understand his presence in my life. He loves me regardless of the things I tend to do or say. He knows the journey I am on and he also knows when I am feeling tired and overwhelmed...

Reflection – Dec. 23, 2012
I wrote the note above between April and June of 2011. My mother passed away on Dec. 14, 2012. Through her journey, I discerned the presence and the hand of God. Mom’s journey was difficult but it was bearable. She didn't require continuous heavy medication and she never lost her ability to understand conversations or listen to her children.
It was a poignant journey that I’m currently processing. I go through moments of grief mixed with relief and thankfulness that she’s no longer suffering. I have this peace that only God can provide because He directed the path. I felt deep strength and purpose as I witnessed God work for me and through me in Mom’s journey. 
I can only imagine how sweet it will be to experience my mother’s love in heaven. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog