My 10 Twitter Tips for Christians - 1 Corinthians 2:14 (GW)

1 Corinthians 2:14 (GW)  A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the teachings of God's Spirit. He thinks they're nonsense. He can't understand them because a person must be spiritual to evaluate them.

I’ve had the honor and great privilege of meeting many amazing people on Twitter over the last couple of years. On my Twitter account, @BlancaV, (as well as on FaceBook), I write about my love for Christ and how having a personal relationship with him late in my life changed me.

I often kick back and imagine what I would be talking about if God hadn’t changed the course of my life because I have passionate opinions about culture, politics, international relations, communications, literature and many other topics. I'll never know because I am supposed to share Christ. J Whenever I desire to engage in conversation that isn’t positive, I am not able to peddle my own agenda! I want to make snarky replies to people who demean others just to feel better, be popular or sound smart, but I can’t.

Growing up, I left the church because I felt that church people didn’t walk the talk. I am not perfect by any means, but my heart beats passionately for the things that matter to Christ. I also know that one day I will have to explain my earthly behavior... Because I can be harsh and judgmental, I know that God has softened my heart as well as the words from my mouth and fingers with his love.

I offer these tips for all who use social media and who call themselves Christians to influence others.  Your spiritual gifts will not make a difference if you don’t love. You were forgiven and shown grace by Almighty God. Show that same grace to others. Call me naïve, but you and I aren’t in a position to wave our wands of judgment or cast the first stone. Leave that burden to God. We are to love and make disciples for Christ. God's will is going to be done.

My 10 Twitter Tips for Christians

Twitter Tip #1 for Christians:  Remember that we are to represent Christ first.

Twitter Tip #2 for Christians:  If you use Christian in your Twitter or FaceBook bio, remember it's not about you. Don't embarrass the Lord...

Twitter Tip #3 for Christians:  If you must use street language, poke fun at others and say rude things, don’t include Christian in your bio.

Twitter Tip #4 for Christians:  Don't use Christian or wisdom in your name or bio if you are going to promote secular "wisdom" or statements.

Twitter Tip #5 for Christians: You may be gifted, but without love, you are nothing! See 1 Corinthians 13:2.

Twitter Tip #6 for Christians: We are not perfect, but when you know Christ you can love perfectly. Encourage others with that love! Don't tear them down.

Twitter Tip #7 for Christians: Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. 1 Corinthians 13:4

Twitter Tip #8 for Christians:  Love is not rude, is not selfish, and does not get upset with others. 1 Corinthians 13:5

Twitter Tip #9 for Christians: Love takes no pleasure in evil but rejoices over the truth. 1 Corinthians 13:6

Twitter Tip #10 for Christians: Love patiently accepts all things. It always trusts, always hopes, and always endures. 1 Corinthians 13:7

Twitter Tip #11 for Christians (extra bonus):  Are your words acceptable to your children, teenagers, those you teach, your boss (clients) or your spouse, parents, or siblings?

I work on this all the time. We are not perfect people, but if we know and love #Christ, we can honor others and still make our opinions known in a loving and respectful way. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog