Only God will not disappoint you – Proverbs 24:3

Proverbs 24:3 It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong.
The longer I live; I realize that only God and His word will stand forever. We can live our lives criticizing others and seeing their faults, or we can decide to love and move on. Many people refuse to go to church or be part of a faith community (in whatever shape that might be) because they don’t like “hypocrites” aka – people who go to “church” on Sundays (or whatever day), and then live like the devil the rest of the week. God knows I was one of those. But it’s interesting that those same people, who like to criticize, also live like the devil, but they are blinded by their own sins.

The truly scary people (to me) are those who do go to “church” but criticize pastors, teachers, staff and programs as if they were supposed to be perfect. Instead of realizing that the church (or body of believers) exists to honor God, we make it about ourselves. These people leave the "church" in search of the “perfect pastor and people and music.” I have news for you: No organization is going to meet all of your needs, only God can meet your needs. I spent many years criticizing the “church” without being a part of it (and since I’ve been a part of it, too). I’ve been on both sides now.

Even though the church I belong to isn’t perfect, I know its doctrine is sound and Bible-based. I only know this because I know the Bible and -- because now I know God on a personal level. That makes a big difference. I’m the first to admit that my humanity kicks in and I do criticize, but I’m not leaving my church. It’s like my blood family, they aggravate me, but I’m not going to abandon them (even though it’s tempting). J 

Instead of criticizing churches, ministries and pastors (priests), I pray for and embrace all those who love God and teach the truth. I love people who communicate God’s saving grace – because there is so much negativity and wrong teaching in the world.  Before you criticize, first do the research – understand the doctrines – and take time to love the people. 

If the church or ministry is teaching doctrines that aren’t Biblical (and many are), have a discerning mind, talk to God and don't get involved. Find a group of like-minded people who embrace God’s truth. You need to share God with others just as those first century Christians banded together after Christ.

Remember, only the Lord can cast the first stone. The church is His business.

You and I are sinners saved by His love and mercy. Pass it forward.

Amen.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog