Moving past despair and life’s storms - Ephesians 2:10

Written Sunday, March 27, 2011
Ephesians 2:10 (GW) God has made us what we are. He has created us in Christ Jesus to live lives filled with good works that he has prepared for us to do.

I’m fascinated by people who move past life storms unscathed as if nothing happened. Then there are those people who turn bitter, negative and blame others for their bad luck or circumstances. I used to be one of those bitter not better people until God changed my temporary perspective into an eternal perspective.

I have come to the conclusion that the only way to move past sorrow, disappointments and disasters is by walking in the purpose that God planned for us. When we are living to fulfill our God-given destiny, each day is important no matter what’s happening in our lives. There’s something about being motivated to fulfill the things that God asks us to do. It’s energizing and it puts the rest of our lives into perspective.

My priorities are not to take vacations, buy the latest car or read the top ten bestsellers. Instead, my priorities are what God wants me to do. When we know the overwhelming and unchanging love of God, we are also better prepared for life’s storms because we will not blame God -- instead we will cling to him.

Most of us know how our parent, spouse or child will support us during a crisis. It’s the same way with God. If we know God, then we know that he wants the best for us, and we can trust him to equip, encourage and see us through any storm – no matter the size.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog