Seven Benefits of Knowing God

COUNT DOWN TO 2010
This "Seven (7) benefits of knowing God" count-down series is designed to get you motivated to have an amazing 2010! I'm excited because I know WHO is leading my plan! Do you? Big God Hugs to all and continue celebrating the birth of our Savior! He is the reason for the season - so enjoy!

Saturday, Dec 26
7 benefits of knowing God: #1 The Bible provides answers to your needs. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Isaías 26:3 Al de carácter firme lo guardarás en perfecta *paz, porque en ti confía.

Sunday, Dec. 27
7 benefits of knowing God: #2 You will learn what real contentment means. Philippians 4:11-12 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Monday, Dec. 28
7 benefits of knowing God: #3 You gain a greater understanding of yourself. 1 Thessalonians 5:23 (Amplified Bible) And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

Tuesday, Dec. 29
7 benefits of knowing God: #4 You know that your life has great significance and purpose. 2 Timothy 1:9 It is he who saved us and chose us for his holy work not because we deserved it but because that was his plan... Jeremiah 1:5 Before I made you in your mother's womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work

Wednesday, Dec. 30
7 benefits of knowing God: #5 You know the way you should live.
Ephesians 4:17-22 (NCV) 17 In the Lord's name, I tell you this. Do not continue living like those who do not believe. Their thoughts are worth nothing.18 They do not understand, and they know nothing, because they refuse to listen. So they cannot have the life that God gives.19 They have lost all feeling of shame, and they use their lives for doing evil. They continually want to do all kinds of evil.20 But what you learned in Christ was not like this.21 I know that you heard about him, and you are in him, so you were taught the truth that is in Jesus.22 You were taught to leave your old self—to stop living the evil way you lived before. That old self becomes worse, because people are fooled by the evil things they want to do.

Thursday, Dec. 31 (Wow last day of 2009)!
7 benefits of knowing God: #6 Prayer becomes natural because you know that he is powerful and he listens.
Psalm 65:5 You answer us in amazing ways, God our Savior. People everywhere on the earth and beyond the sea trust you.
Jeremiah 29:13 (NCV) You will search for me. And when you search for me with all your heart, you will find me!
Psalm 66:5 Come and see what God has done, the amazing things he has done for people.

Friday, Jan. 1, 2010!
7 benefits of knowing God: #7 You personally know about the LORD's Wonderful Love! Read Psalm 103 but take a close look at these verses:  8 The LORD is merciful! He is kind and patient, and his love never fails. 11 How great is God's love for all who worship him? Greater than the distance between heaven and earth!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog