I will never stop telling what happened to me on May 2 2006


Acts 16:13 On the Sabbath day, we went outside the city walls to the nearby river, assuming that some Jewish people might be gathering for prayer. We found a group of women there, so we sat down and spoke to them. 14 One of them, Lydia, was a business woman originally from Thyatira. She made a living buying and selling fine purple fabric. She was a true worshiper of God and listened to Paul with special interest. The Lord opened her heart to take in the message with enthusiasm. 15 She and her whole household were ceremonially washed through baptism.[a]

Until my last earthly breath, I will never stop telling what happened to me on May 2, 2006. That day changed my life and I finally knew what my important mission was. I knew at a very young age that there was something I was going to do, but I had no clue.

On May 2, 2006 I saw the hand of God and it changed my entire life. Ask my friends and family. Ask my daughter – she can tell you how I really was! I am a sinner transformed by God’s love and I will proclaim His name until the day I see Him!

Like Lydia in verse 14, the Lord opened my heart to take His message with enthusiasm. And I have!  God also worked the same way with my grandmother. Both of us have a shared passion and deep love of the Lord Jesus Christ and we tell it to the world! It’s too bad my grandmother didn't live to see my transformation, but I know she’ll rejoice in heaven when we’re together.

Nine years later, my life continues changing; my ministry continues to change to adapt to what God wants. I've left behind churches, friends and lots of fun times as well as lots of things that aren't beneficial for my life.

I’m bolder, more compassionate and I've learned humbling lessons in humility. But I have so much more to learn. A critical lesson I learned is that I must deal with the not-so-great parts of my life in order to be able to walk with others in their pain. That was hard, very hard but necessary.

I continue to strive to be more fruitful and to learn more about God and church history. I love, love the Bible. I can’t get enough of the Word and verses jump out at me.

I've learned to revere His holiness and the liturgy behind His sacred requirements. I love the law because it helps me understand God’s heart.

But this I know:  I LOVE THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND HE LOVES ME RIGHT BACK!  It’s exciting to know God intimately and to know He cares about my life.

He’s my consistent, compassionate, very loving, and strict-because-it’s-good-for-me Father!

If God has touched your life, use your Holy Spirit power! Don’t be afraid, He will take you places you cannot go on your own and your life will take on a new level that isn't superficial or man-made!


Read more about how God changed my life. If He chooses, He can do the same for you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The top 10 things I know about God - Psalm 118:14

Why I write this blog

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13