July kicked me out of the comfort zone.

My Word for 2014 – DO!

After hosting Flat Friar, Little Man of the Cloth and Ambassador of Friendship, I realized that I needed to do my part to help homeless and hurting animals on the streets of my city. I’m now sharing adoption opportunities and awareness through social media and people I know.  My cat Instagram account also features animal care tips. I’ll have more to say about this ministry later. 
I also adopted Sam, a homeless 3-year-old gray tabby, in my community. I've known Sam for a while, but I didn't know his owner moved away and left him. Several of us fed Sam, but I took him in and had him vetted. He’s mine.
I've enjoyed gatherings with several key friends this month. I've also been available to those who need prayer and a listening ear.  One of my goals is to pull together a small group of women who will walk with me in ministry.  I've been asking God to give me insights to make this effective.  
I've spent time reading, relaxing and I ended the month with a long walk on the beach at night. Nature is God’s handiwork; He created an amazing Earth for us!
The home decluttering project continues. I can always do more, but as long as I do one small activity each day, I feel organized.
I’m getting used to just DOING. Do is so good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

The 3 best days of my life - so far. Based on Acts 17:27