Losing the friends who know your heart - Proverbs 17:17

Proverbs 17:17  
A true friend 
loves 
regardless 
of the situation…

It has been a 
heartbreaking 
year for me. 

Between January and April, three of the people who knew my heart died. 

The friendships are irreplaceable.

 I’m grieving deep losses...

I don’t have many close friends.

Oh I know and love lots of people. Many people know me. I also have many acquaintances, 

but there are 

only a handful of people in my “angel circle.”

Friendships have always been difficult for me to develop and to maintain. Possibly because I live a deep internal life. Personality tests have confirmed it. But I don't know really. 

That’s the truth and that’s the reason I treasure the people closest to me.  

I care very deeply about those people who enter my angel circle.

Now that three of them are physically gone, I find myself unsure of what to do.

These people knew my history even though one only knew me for a decade and one lived several states away for most of our 30+ year friendship.

Yet they knew me and they loved me. 

They were the ones I wanted to 
share my heart with, 
to laugh with. 

They knew me. Oh, they knew me. They knew my heart. 

We didn't talk frequently, but I knew their heart beats and voices were a phone call or trip away. 

When I saw their faces, I was home.

Now I move on.

How to do open the doors of my heart for others?

I’m quietly pondering.

Deep friendships are gifts from God.

Thankfully, He is my best friend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Why I write this blog

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13