Moments with God: But I love you anyway!




Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013

Blanca:  "Lord, that person has great qualities and I've known them a long time, but... But they are so hard to love and understand. They are simply too hard to love."

God: "Really? Tell me more, Blanca."

Blanca: "Wha?? OK! You got me there. I'm hard to like and love as well!"

God: "But I love you anyway!"

Learned a simple lesson today, a lesson that I already know but that I forget because I want to wave my wand of perfection.

God loves me as I am. Why can't I love others for who they are instead of wishing they would change to please me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog