Is anything worth more than your soul based on Mark 8:37

Mark 8:37 Is anything worth more than your soul?

As the world crumbles before our eyes, I feel disbelief and sadness. I grew up knowing right from wrong.  I’m not saying that I grew up in the perfect family – indeed – we were far from perfect. But I recall the LORD and the family instilling in us a deep sense of what was right and wrong. My maternal grandmother ultimately turned our lives over to God.

But I drifted into sin and acceptance of the status quo even though I had an outwardly very successful looking life. I remember those dark times of sin when my soul was troubled and devastated because I knew better…but sin blinded me with instant gratification in so many areas.

Occasionally I’d wonder where God was because the hole in my heart was so deep. I didn’t want to sin, but it was easy, enjoyable and everyone was doing it.   

After many years of living in sin’s desperate grip, I found peace, joy and freedom in being loved and accepted by Jesus Christ. God chose to reveal himself to me and my eyes, heart, mind and soul came alive.

Fast forward to the great debate on marriage

I never thought I’d see the day when a company was threatened because its owner is a Christian who believes in the sanctity of marriage – between a man and a woman.
I’ve been criticized as well for being cruel, unloving and giving Christians a bad rap because I don’t accept the homosexual lifestyle. I cannot lovingly go along with those who practice homosexuality and those who look the other way and say that it’s fine.

Sin is sin. And I, sinner, will continue to speak out.

Many people say Jesus would be fine with the gay/lesbian lifestyle. I disagree. The Lord made it plain that he forgave the person for sinning, but he also said, “Go and sin no more.”

Our society is crumbling away as we get further and further from God. We’re seeing violence, disease, belief in all sorts of gods and more instability than ever before. The farther away we get from Christ, the closer we get to the final days.  

I know that I and those I love cannot survive without the grace of God. Nothing is more important than my soul. 

Consider your soul in your long term planning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog