Reflecting on another year in my walk with the Lord - Isaiah 46:4

May 23, 2012
Me today.

Isaiah 46:4 (NLT)
I will be your God throughout your lifetime—
until your hair is white with age.
I made you, and I will care for you.

I will carry you along and save you.



Today I’m celebrating with the Lord that I am a year older! What an honor it is to wake up with a mission each day!
As I thought and prayed about what I would write today, the Lord reminded me of my growth over the last year, which I’ll share…

·       I may not understand God’s timing and reasons, but I can have peace.

·       While I don’t have to understand God's reasons, I can ask questions.

·       As I go deeper with God through spending time in His presence, reading the Bible and learning about His heart, I gain understanding.

·       I will reap the consequences of doing things my way…no fun.

·       I don’t have to go along with popular culture, but I do have to love those who choose life’s tough paths or who have different opinions.

·       I will remember that Christ changes hearts, I provide the love.

·       I will reflect Christ’s love in all I do.

·       I will live my life in the power of the Holy Spirit. I cannot plan God’s work for me and expect Him to bless it.

·      My relationship with Christ should be a priority in my life if I’m going to live out his commandments.

·       I will live each day thankful for the ability to make a difference now – while having my heart fixed on eternity.

I’m also caring for myself so I can care for others during this season of my life. I’m enjoying the white hair mentioned in my favorite verse. :) We'll see how I feel when it all turns white!
I thank God for all the years He has planned for me!
No longer wasting, spending or letting my time slip by. I hope you don’t waste your time either!
Your comments are welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog