When God saves you - Psalm 56:13

February 20, 2011
Psalm 56:13 (GW) You have rescued me from death. You have kept my feet from stumbling so that I could walk in your presence, in the light of life.


I make it a practice to ask the Lord to guide my steps each time I make hospital visits. My ministry of presence, listening and comforting patients is about letting believers and unbelievers know there is a powerful, compassionate God who is waiting to take their uncertain journey alongside them. Time and time again, he leads me to the right person, and many times it is a powerful visit for both the patient and me.

Recently I entered a room with the intention of consoling a young woman who was weeping. As we discussed the various issues surrounding her life, it became apparent that she was a devoted, long-time believer, and that God had intervened and saved her life in the aftermath of a terrible accident.

Just hearing how God had touched her life in such a personal way increased my own faith, My presence in her room confirmed for her that God cares and that he is going to be on her healing and restoration journey. As for me, I realized what a great privilege it is to serve God and to know that my life is significant right now.

I love living in the Light.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Divine Devotions: The test really is simple

Following Jesus is for sinners, unbelievers and those who aren't perfect. – Matthew 9:13

Why I write this blog